Thursday, January 31, 2013

Joy Project


81) Watching Carson pop bubbles in his Jump Bunch class - he gets so excited!

82) Carson shouting,  "No, Mine!"  and running as fast he can and jumping into my lap if another kid got to close to me at Jump Bunch.  Haha!  You'll always be mine sweet guy!

83)   Skipping a work out tonight and reading the book "Room" cover to cover instead.  It's a good book if you haven't read it yet!

84) Excellent report card for Erik today 

85) Doing puzzles with Lainey. She likes puzzles a lot more than Erik.  She independently does 48 piece jigsaw puzzles.  Erik just recently started doing that.  I like to watch their little brains work.

86) Kind teenagers.  Twice today I was very impressed with high schoolers in our neighborhood.   

Early this morning I went on a quick walk before Victor left for work.  I walked by a group of 20+ high schoolers waiting for the bus.  One guy that doesn't know me very well flashed a million dollar smile and waved at me.  I was so impressed that he didn't deem himself "too cool" to say hi in front of his peer group. 

The second kid plays soccer at the high school.  He has 4 younger siblings (and one older) and I often see him out in the yard playing with his 2 year old sister.  Anyway, as you know Erik loves soccer!  Winter soccer is over though and he's not currently in any other activities.  So I asked the teens' parents if he would be interested in coming over once a week to practice soccer skills with Erik.  He came over today and Erik had such a great time.   They kicked the ball around in the basement for 45-50 minutes.  Erik learned some new skills and had a lot of fun.  The teen seemed to enjoy himself too and interacted really well with Erik.   (I paid him $7 for the lesson  and you should've seen the big grin on his face.  Cute!)

It happens that these two nice teens I ran into today happen to be good friends!  I really hope my kids are like that when they are in high school. 

87)  Sleep - which I am headed for right now!

What brought you joy today?

No comments: