Saturday, January 5, 2013

More on Wheat!

Have you read Wheat Belly Yet?  I'm about 4 months into a wheat free/very limited wheat diet.  Since I've changed my diet I've had zero episodes of the stomach pain and find it easier to maintain my weight.  I have had wheat on occasion - 1-2x a month at most but truthfully I don't miss it.

Prior to this change I used to bake almost once a week.  I love to bake and growing up we frequently had wonderful home baked goods available.  I truly thought I would need to find a replacement for the sweet we were accostamed to having around the house.  (One batch of cookies every 7-10 days was pretty standard.)  But it has become obvious that once you cut wheat out of your diet, your sugar consumption automatically decreases, and you cravings for such foods go away too.

Anyway, I'm bringing this up again because I discovered a website with lots of good info that is hosted/supported by a distinguished cardiovascular surgeon.  He supports a very similar diet as the Wheat Belly book outlines.

His website is here....

http://truthaboutheartdisease.org/dr-dwight-lundell/

And an audio clip about heart disease....

http://truthaboutheartdisease.org/two-heart-surgeons-views/


I'm thinking about doing another giveaway.... A book giveaway this time.


1 comment:

Mike & Karly said...

i'm impressed. i don't think i could do it. i crave carbs & with nursing, i crave cupcakes. :)