Monday, January 28, 2013

Craft Time!

I am not a crafty mom.  We have a decent supply of crayons, markers, and glue.  I also know how to make play dough but beyond that I really don't "do" crafts or sew.  I'm not good at them and don't particularly like them.  

Erik has been asking me to teach him how to sew ever since my Aunt Cyndy sewed him and Lainey dish towel aprons while she was here to help out the week Carson was born.  Carson is almost two and Erik has consistently suggested I put a sewing machine on my birthday and Christmas list ever since her visit.  I've tried to explain to him that even if I bought a sewing machine I wouldn't know how to use it.  Poor kid!

Well, finally I figured out a way to help the kid learn how to "sew".  You see our talented babysitter Ariel, who watches the kids while I am at work loves to knit!  So, I asked if she would mind teaching Erik how to knit if I bought the supplies.  She was happy to help!

Knitting the hat for Lainey's baby doll

I worked an extra day this week and showed the knitting supplies to Erik this morning.  He was SO excited for Ariel to get here!  He could hardly wait.  So cute!

Amazingly by the time I got home he (and Lainey) with some help from Ariel managed to knit 2 hats.  One for Lainey's baby dolls and one for Erik.  Erik immediately wanted to give the hat he made to his buddy James.  It was too small for James but Erik is confident he can make him one later this week.   He is also planning on teaching Victor and I how to knit early tomorrow morning - before breakfast.  We'll see how that goes!


My sweet little guy fell asleep wearing his newly knit hat!
Thank you Ariel!


1 comment:

sunshine said...

Awh! To sweet! You are welcome :)!