Friday, July 6, 2012

Notable Quotes: Erik and Lainey

My kids are funny!  These stories are all from this afternoon.

Erik: 

He was talking to Victor and I at lunch today about how he wants to have 17 kids.  "No, actually 17 boys and 4 girls." Yikes!   He said he was going to marry Lainey.  Their first girl would be named Mirelle (our babysitter's name) and the second Lainey.  He didn't know after that.

I tried to convince him that he could not marry his sister and suggested a few other eligible bachelorettes instead but he did not seem to interested in any of those choices.  Ha ha!

-----------------

At dinner Erik told us to be quiet.  When we asked why he said, "Because I am trying to hear Jesus talking to me!"


Lainey:

We bought Lainey a new bible this week.  She only had the baby version so while in civilization over the 4th of July we stopped at Barnes and Noble.   We when got home I realized that the bible came with a DVD.  I let them watch the DVD before bath time tonight.  When I told Lainey she needed to pause the movie she got upset and said, "But Mom, I really want to see Jesus first!"  Haha!

She likes the part of the movie with baby Jesus (I am sure mainly because it involves a baby) but her "whine" sounds so impressively faith-filled that it made me laugh.  She still had to turn off the video though!


I love my sweet kids!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for hopping over to my blog. I had to come check yours out. :) WOW, what adorable kiddos you have. I love the comment about listening for Jesus. Aren't kid's pure souls just the best?! Have a great weekend!

Austin & Terri said...

That is pretty adorable! Love that they love Jesus already :)