Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day of Rest

Our family got a much needed day of rest today.  We have been so crazy busy and I haven't been sleeping very well (annoying!) so the last few days I have been about ready to fall over.

Just so you get an idea of our week I thought I would tell you the highlights....

Sunday:  Victor out of town until 9:00 PM, I went to the gym, taught Sunday school for Erik's class, and went to a cookout for our small group

Monday: VBS started, went to the library and target, dance class, soccer practice, and the gym

Tuesday: early morning run to help get rid of the grumpy grumps, VBS, make dinner, swimming with kids

Wednesday:  Early morning doctors appointments for Lainey and Carson, VBS, unexpected dental appointment (up that night with a dumb toothache, which is better and caused by nothing obvious), play date with a friend while big kids were at VBS

Thursday:  VBS, play date with neighbors, make dinner and muffins, weight lifting class
We went to an outdoor concert, beautiful!


Friday: VBS, spinning class (22 miles on the bike), make dinner for the kids, date night with Victor



Saturday: early morning spin class (another 23 miles- finished a "challenge" I was participating in), take Erik to DC for the day for a friends birthday party and some shopping, get home around 7:30 PM, put Carson to bed, let Erik and Lainey stay up for to light sparklers, watch my first episode of 24 (totally awesome!!!), Victor goes to bed while I stay up to watch more 24 (more addicting than a good book)

Sunday:  drag my body out of bed sloooooowly (Victor let me sleep in which was nice but I was still tired due to my 24 watching), go to church, early lunch, naps for all of us, watch more 24 and lay around some more. Ahh!

We have 2 more weeks of busy activities this summer plus a week where Victor will be out of town (always makes life a little more chaotic).   I am looking forward to the 3 weeks or so where we have nothing scheduled!  I love the busyness but we have been constantly on the go for about 4 weeks now and I am tired (and think the kids must be too)!

Sleepy guy on the way home from DC

It's been a fun summer but I am so thankful we all got a much needed day of rest today!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love TV series 24. I've watched season 1 - 6. Awesome. Love that little Linus. What a cutie. Sandy