Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

We were planning on staying home for Christmas, but all 3 of my brothers were going to be in WI, and I found really cheap airline tickets, so we spent it in WI instead.

Here is a brief outline of the highlights from the week....

(All photos are from my phone as I was too nervous to bring the expensive camera with me.) 


1- Time to spend with family.  I especially enjoy playing cards and lots of good food.  Daron brought Feifei home so we got to get to know her better.  Kevin stayed home for the first 2-3 nights before partaking is his more active night-life which was nice! :)

2- Visiting the Kestell's farm with the kids (also kindly referred to as Papa's farm).


 Erik loves feeding the calves.
(They are not grass fed! but still fun to feed.)

 Ready to feed the calves.  She held the bottle up 
to the calf for about 30 seconds and then wanted me to take over.




Erik would not get on this tractor - too big. 



3- Watching my brothers excel at the role of uncle.  Daron left a day after we got there so the kids spent most of their uncle time with Kevin and Colin.  Thank you boys for being willing to get on the floor and roughhouse, take the kids outside and build a snowman, answer "Why?" a hundred times, etc.  The kids love it. 
Erik bumped Colin on the head.  He felt bad and 
"fixed" Colin with a bandaid, which Colin wore for 2-3 hours.

4- Spending time with Grandpa and Grandma (my parents).   Some of the things they did with the kids include.. reading, baking, sledding (or being pulled on a sled), going out to the "big shed" to look at the tractor, playing. 
 Bedtime stories

5- Spending time with friends.  I was able to spend some time with my college friends Nicki and Liz in addition to my high school friend Katie.  I didn't make it to Waukesha this time which was disappointing but holiday visits are tough because everyone is busy.

6- Sledding.  I love to sled.  Winters in the DC area usually don't provide a lot of sledding opportunities (with the exception of last year).  My parents have a great sledding hill so despite being almost 28 weeks pregnant I did go down the hill a few times.  Fun!  Both Erik and Lainey were willing to sled this year but were DONE after 3 trips down the hill.  Baby boy is fine! 


The Hill!

Victor "smiling"


It was a nice way to wrap up 2010!  
Thanks for hosting us Mom and Dad!

No comments: