Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baker Genes

Erik's middle is Wayne after my sweet, wonderful Grandpa. Grandpa is no longer with us but it seems some of his, less-than sought after genes, still are.  What might that be?  Puking.  Motion sickness to be exact.

Yep - Erik has inherited that gene.  I've know this since he was about 18 months old and am quite vigilant about keeping him drugged for all car rides over 30 minutes. 

Today, as we were on our way back from the library (only 2nd outing in 8 days due to the recent illnesses in our house), Erik vomited all over himself, his car seat, and Lainey's car seat.  How did he get it on both car seats?  Well, their seats are next to each other and Lainey's car seat is still backward so it was in the way. 

Poor Erik, Poor Lainey (she was actually spared but I am sure the visual was not great), Poor Mommy, and Poor Daddy (I left the worst clean up for him!). 

15 minute car ride - first 10 minutes he was looking at a book.  I knew better (I NEVER let him look at books in the car) but for some reason I made an exception today.  Lesson learned. 

I will have to think LONG and HARD before I give another child a Baker-related middle name! Ha!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

But the sweet, wonderful traits are definitely desirable, and Erik seems to have inherited those too!

Sorry about the unpleasant experience. I was like that when I was small. But I somehow "outgrew" it. Perhaps Erik will also.