Friday, December 17, 2010

Sick Update - 12/17/10

Lainey:

If now febrile.  Great.  Only 100.5 so far but that is how Erik was at first.  She has a really junky cough and doesn't feel well.  She is already getting amoxicillin and bromax (cough syrup and antihistimine).  I am going to ask the pediatrician tonight if he is okay with me using Erik's nebulizer for her if she gets worse over the weekend. 

Erik:

His fever is lower this morning but he still isn't feeling well.  He is still coughing a lot (of course - he does have pneumonia after all). I have to bribe him to drink juice/water/milk and he won't eat anything at all (hasn't had food cross his lips since Wednesday).  He slept well last night (although Victor woke him up for the breathing treatment at 2 am).  He seemed a little more energetic this morning and did puzzles for almost an hour. He has since then resumed his position on the couch and is watching Veggies Tales.  I do think the breathing treatments are really helpful and give him a break from coughing for 1-2 hours after he gets them.  He has a follow up appointment tonight with the pediatrician.

It snowed here yesterday which, with the exception of 2009, is quite rare here.  Erik loves the snow and wants so badly to go outside and make "snow tracks with his shoes."  I may take him outside for 5 minutes while Lainey is napping.  I am sure it won't make things worse but I feel a little ridiculous taking my sick kid outside. 

No comments: