Monday, December 20, 2010

Sick Update-part 4

Erik:

Fever free
Appetite is improving
Still has little to no exercise tolerance -- if he does anything active it sends him into a huge coughing/vomiting fit

Elaina:

Pretty crummy
Fever ranging from 99-101
Bad cough - coughing fits if too active
Complaining that her ears hurt still

I am probably going to end up taking Lainey in again before we leave.  I have been using Erik's nebulizer on her as well as him which seems to help.

Clinic Confusion:

I talked to the practice manager this morning.  Thankfully, I was much less irritated about the closed clinic this morning than I was Friday evening and was totally calm and polite when talking to her.  Why is that so important?  Well, it seems the blame doesn't actually fall on the clinic but on my HUSBAND!  She quickly informed me that she talked to him on Friday and told him that the clinic would be closing early and we needed to reschedule.  He suggested that she call me.  She said she left a message on my voice mail (I didn't have a message) but during all the confusion and phone calls that were made on Friday night never once did Victor volunteer that he had been informed earlier in the day that the clinic was closing early.  Nor did he volunteer this info when I told him I put it in the blog or when I told him I was going to call the practice manager this morning to find out why the clinic was closed on Friday evening.

I was not quite as calm when I talked to him this morning (after looking like a complete idiot to the practice manager).

As I said, I like the doctor a lot, and since the clinic confusion was not the fault of the doctor's office we have no need to find a new doctor.  I am glad for that.

No comments: