Friday, December 24, 2010

Baby #3- 27 weeks



Physical:  

Still feeling great.  I really don't feel slowed down by the pregnancy at all.  Occasional heart burn - nothing significant.  My bladder/pelvic-floor muscles seem to have been weakened by 3 back to back pregnancies which is a little annoying.  I am quite tired but I think that is secondary to going to bed too late more than being pregnant.

Exercise:

Unchanged -- still weight lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week.  Trying to get walks in some days just to get outside.


Weight Gain:  

12 pounds -- we'll see how a trip home and  Christmas affects this

Baby boy:

Seems to be doing well.  At my appointment yesterday I measured 25 cm (should be about equivalent to the weeks you are).  I was always 2-3 cm behind when pregnant with Lainey too.  My doctor isn't concerned and says, " When you have no abdominal fat I expect you to measure a little small."  That comment alone makes him worth the 90+ minute drive!  

The baby is active but seems a little quieter to me than Erik and Lainey.  I wonder if I just have less time to notice him or if he is actually quieter.  

Dr. Kacedan did a brief ultrasound to check fluid levels and verify growth (since I was a little small and mentioned he is my quietest baby so far).  Everything looked good.  He is still a boy.  He measured around the 40% for weight --a little over 2 pounds now (2 pounds 3 ounces)!  He is still extremely low in my pelvis.  His head is down and so low it makes getting measurements of his head (via ultrasound) almost impossible.

I did my blood glucose test yesterday.  I don't have the results yet but will be shocked if I don't pass.  The last two pregnancies my blood sugar was always around 60 after drinking the glucose syrup.  It has to be over 140 to fail.  
My next appointment is in 4 weeks. 
We are about 80% certain of his name - still deciding between a few middle names.  We are excited to meet this little baby!


No comments: