Friday, April 27, 2012

Last Day in California!


Victor and I fly home tomorrow.  I am looking forward to giving my sweet babies a big squeeze!  That being said, it's been really nice to be able to spend time with Daron and Feifei, Nicki, and of course Victor!  

I feel pretty much back to normal today (aside from mild arm pain still).  We stayed in Pacifica last night and have spent the day exploring.  The two main attractions to this area are hiking and surfing.  We did both!  


We were standing up in these photos.
Those surf boards are big and heavy!!
It was a fun adventure!
I have a new found respect for surfers.
The waves were big and strong.  Really, really hard work!
We saw a sea lion about 10 feet from us, thankfully a shark was NOT right behind him.
I managed to stand up on the surfboard 5-6 times and "ride" the wave all the way in twice.
Victor struggled a bit but stood a few times.
Our instructor was great and patient.
We had fun!





After surfing we went on a mountain hike.
It was beautiful.
It's surprising how different the landscape is just 2-3 miles off of the coast.
I would have had a bit more fun on the hike if Victor had kept the 
"beware of mountain lions"sign to himself!

It was nice to have a day to ourselves and felt like a mini-vacay.
I am excited to see the kids and hope they haven't forgotten me!

3 comments:

Austin & Terri said...

That looks like so much fun!! I've always wanted to try surfing...maybe one day.

Ben and Robyn said...

Good for you Ann! Sounds like California has been quite an adventure, in more ways than one! I'm sure you're excited to see your babies...have a great weekend with them!

Kristal said...

Sooo excited for you! I've always wanted to surf!