Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Notable Moment: Nursing

When I first had planned to be in California for the bone marrow harvest it was supposed to be for 17 days.  I assumed Carson would have to weaned beforehand.  The weaning process didn't go well and then the trip was shortened to 12 days (because they were no longer lining up the harvest with the BMT). So, I decided I would pump while I was gone and see what happened.

The first week I pumped 3x a day and had about 20 ounces a day.  The second week I dropped to 2 pumping sessions and only collected about 10 ounces a day.

The first 12 hours I was back Carson made no attempts to nurse.  I actually offered once and he refused.  So, I figured I was done (and okay with that).  About when I figured I was done he changed his mind.  He's back to nursing now 2-3 times a day, supplementing with rice milk/frozen stash the rest of the day.

The first time he nursed after I got back he started clapping while he was eating.  Ha ha! So stinking cute!


1 comment:

Austin & Terri said...

I think it's so cute he clapped!! That's adorable :)