Monday, April 9, 2012

Photo Update


Victor made a cake for my birthday this weekend and set me to DC on Saturday for a massage and lunch with friends. 
First massage in a year, it was excellent.  He's a good man.  You'd feel really bad for him if you saw how grumpy I was yesterday about the massive amount of things we "needed" to get done in one day!  Poor guy.


No candy for easter this year. 
I also fail to see what an Easter bunny or hunting for Easter eggs 
has to do with the real meaning of Easter so we told the kids the truth.
They know that we hid the eggs and gave them baskets.
They also know why we celebrate Easter.

 The Easter egg hunting was fun.
Carson was quite excited about the "balls."
Notice that Erik is wearing soccer clothes.
He has been wearing some form of soccer gear every day
for a month.  He is obsessed! I think it is so cute!
He wore his shin guards all day today!


 First cookie - this was from last weekend but I think it is cute!



First picture of our family, courtesy of Erik
Note: He is wearing red shin guards and cleats in this photo.
Obsessed!

1 comment:

mom2three said...

I struggle with allowing the kids to believe in things like the Easter bunny. Our kids know what Easter is really about- we talk about it at home and in church and Sunday School with them and the kids went to Good Friday service and Easter service and we have talked and reinforced the story of Easter but we go along with the whole bunny thing....I am not sure why. Even our Pastor includes the Easter Bunny in his message. I guess it is just a cultural thing we have gone along with. I feel bad about it. I think it has something to do with my own childhood and memories.... I don't know.

Thank you for sharing, Ann. You are a great Mom! Hugs!