Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day Fondue

My family has had cheese and chocolate fondue for Christmas dinner/dessert for about 20 years.  I love it!  It is a terribly caloric meal but oh so good!  Erik had chocolate fondue for the first time when we were in WI this Christmas.  It was quite funny because at first he wanted nothing to do with the chocolate.  I put some on his plate and he refused to eat it.  Once he figured out it was chocolate and that he could use a long spear to dip his fruit into it he was very excited!

Recipe:
4 ounces of 60% dark chocolate chips
4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup of cream
1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter



A few weeks ago Erik discovered that we also own a fondue pot and since then has been requesting have fondue for dinner.  I thought Valentines Day was the perfect occasion for that.  Both kids were very excited!  It was fun!



Lainey LOVES fruit but it seems
 she likes chocolate even more as she would
dip a piece of fruit in chocolate, suck the chocolate off and
dip the same piece of fruit back in again.  Ha!


Of course I ate too much and the already fairly bad heartburn I've been having is bound to be even worse tonight.  Oh well!


Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Hanna said...

i love this! it looks like everyone's having such a fun time!!

Austin & Terri said...

I have GOT to try that chocolate fondue recipe. Do you have a good cheese fondue recipe? I'm sure you do. I'd love to have it!