Sunday, February 20, 2011

35 weeks


No big changes during the past 2 weeks.  Still feeling good - some heartburn and fatigue but nothing really worth complaining about.  Up 19 pounds. Still going to the gym 5-6 days a week.

We have baby's room just about completed now.  Lainey switched from the crib to "big girl" bed without any problems. She really likes her big bed and seems quite proud of it.  So cute!  So far she hasn't made any attempts to get out of bed - we'll see if that lasts.

I find it hard to believe that I had Lainey 2 weeks and 2 days from now (Erik was born 3 weeks from now).  I am very ready to meet my little boy.  Can't wait! That being said my anticipation of bringing home a 3rd baby seems different this time.  It really seems almost unreal - like I anticipate delivering him and then not being pregnant anymore but still only having 2 kids.   I am not feeling anxious about the upcoming delivery I think it just seems like it isn't really happening.  I am not sure if that is just because I am busy and have had less time to think about how our family will function with 3 kids.  Or maybe it's because none of my good friends are having their 3rd babies yet.  Last time I was pregnant 4 out of 5 of us in playgroup had our second babies within 3 months of each other - I was the last to deliver so lots of anticipation and build up.  In addition to that this is the first time my cousin Julie and I haven't been pregnant together so that has changed some of the anticipation too.  Part of it may also be a hesitance to take a healthy baby/delivery for granted as not everyone is so lucky to have that experience as we have been unfortunately been reminded of this fall.

Again, I am not feeling anxious or worried about things just different than I did with the last two.  I will be thankful when we get to meet this little guy!

1 comment:

mom2three said...

"None of my good friends have had their third baby yet?" What am I, chop liver!?!?! :o)