Friday, February 4, 2011

ENT update

We saw the ENT today.  Dr. Orfaly at Metro ENT.  He was great.  Thanks for the recommendation Karen! He agreed that she still has an infected left ear plus residual fluid (but no infection) in the right ear.  He thinks she is a prime candidate for tubes.

So her procedure will be February 22nd at 6:45 am! It will probably only take 10-15 minutes. She will be sedated using versed and gas (nitric oxide-I presume). NO IV's or intubation.  All our peds GI patients were intubated for procedures - I am glad she won't be.

We left with yet another prescription but I am hopeful this will be the last.  Once she has tubes things should be able to drain on their own and we should be able to treat any infection with ear drops.

I am slightly anxious about the procedure but  it has become clear to me that this is what is in her best interest so I am looking forward to having it done.  Hopefully, the poor baby will feel better again soon!

No comments: