Friday, February 4, 2011

Notable Moments - Erik

1)  Erik has always been a sweet, cuddly little boy.  He loves to sit on my lap, snuggle in bed, etc.  During the past few weeks he has really gotten interested in feeling the baby kick.  Almost every night, while I am laying on the couch or tucking him into bed, he will snuggle up with me with his hand on my stomach feeling baby boy.  He gets so excited when the baby kicks him.  So cute!  I hope he never loses his tender heart. 

2)  A couple weeks ago Victor was out of town.  Lainey doesn't like to sit still ever but LOVES babies so I rented the documentary "Babies" and let the kids watch it (hoping Lainey would sit still for 30 minutes).  I was in the kitchen for most of the movie cleaning up.  I could see the movie I wasn't paying close attention.  I did happen to notice that they showed the tail end of a baby being born -- discretely but enough to get the picture. 

Erik didn't react or say much about it so I figured it didn't make an impression.  I was wrong.  A few days after watching the movie he was sitting at the counter eating lunch.  He was talking to himself and suddenly I hear him say....

"  Push.  Please, push!"  
"Okay!  Here is your baby!" 
"Mom, did you know that the baby's head comes out first and then it's feet?"

Ha Ha Ha!!  
Guess he was watching/listening.
I know having a 3 year old with a basic idea of how babies are born would make a lot of parents squeamish but it really doesn't bother me.  I actually would prefer that he have a simple, non-scary idea of what is going to happen since he has been asking about it anyway.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Hahaha! "Push, please push. Here's your baby!" I LOVE it!