Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Carson - 18 months!

Oh how I love this little boy!  He is really a constant source of joy.  He has a big rascally side to him but it is all, at this point, done with a spark in his eye, dimples flashing, and mega grin.  So hard to get mad at that!!



What's Carson up to at 18 months??

Eating/Sleeping....

Carson eats really well.  Since limiting carbs his intake of fruits, veggies, and meats has drastically improved.  I used to think he was a picky eater.  He is not!  He's been weaned for a month now.

Carson likes to use utensils and drink from regular cups.  He is pretty good at both things, although note  the wet shirt in his photos.  They were taken shortly after a meal! :)

Carson takes 1 nap most days, usually from 12:30 to 2:30.  Sometimes he needs a cat nap in the morning.  I limit this to 20 minutes or so.  Carson sleeps from approximately 7:30-6:30 at night.  I love putting Carson to bed.  He snuggles in tight for stories.  After 1-2 books I sing him 3 songs.  When I start to sing he lays down across my lap and frequently goes right to sleep.  I just love that.



Activity Level....

Carson is so, so busy!  He loves to run, climb, and be chased.  I've found him onto of the counters, tables, chairs, etc. repeated.  He even intentionally climbs over the back of the couch.  Yikes!  He hasn't gotten out of his crib yet but I have found him with one leg over the edge.  We'll have to switch his bed soon I think.

Carson LOVES books.  He will sit on my lap and read and read with me as long as the books are about diggers, farms, fire trucks, or have really exciting flaps! Haha!

Health....

Poor little guy has had another double ear infection which didn't clear after a week of Ceftin.  We stopped the Ceftin early because we thought he might have had an allergic reaction too it.  Now it turns out that the rash all over his legs was most like a repeat case of hand, foot, and mouth (HFM) as he had had a fever before the rash showed up and the rash on his legs eventually spread to his hands and feet.  NO sores in his mouth this time though thankfully so the HFM didn't seem to bother him much.


Development.....

Carson is so charming!  He has a very outgoing, fun personality.  He does have some separation anxiety but it's pretty mild.

Carson can do the "shape" puzzle well on his own, walks up and down the stairs on his own (scary!!), likes to stack blocks, and play with others.

Carson gets so excited when Victor comes home from works and as soon as he hears the garage door he runs as fast as he possibly can to greet him at the door.  So cute!

He still is not talking much!  The words he says that could be understood by others are...  all done, there, uh oh (sometimes), Erik (used for more than just Erik though), mama, dada.   He does attempt other words including.... hi (haaaa), dump truck, rock, fire truck, water but no one would understand what he was saying.  He signs some too.

We are going to see an ENT next week as Carson has had either an ear infection or fluid in his ears since June.  He is also getting a full speech eval next week.  I truthfully am not super worried about the speech but I want his ears to feel better and I am very convinced this boy has a LOT to tell us so I want to help him get there!

What we were up to this month?

Erik and Lainey started school which gives me 4 hours each week just with Carson.  One day  I usually take him during the gym and the other day I make sure to do something fun with Carson.

We went up to DC for a day.

Carson started gymnastics and swimming "lessons."  He LOVES them both!!




Video of Carson doing puzzles (kind of) and playing

1 comment:

Julie said...

His hair is so light and his smile is priceless! Didn't he just turn one? How can be 18 months already?!