Friday, August 23, 2013

Joy Project -- Cool School policies, sweet little Lainey

237)  This year the school has implemented the "rule" that kids are not supposed to bring birthday treats.  Instead the school (PTO I think) will provide the birthday kid was a bag of stickers/tattoos and announce the birthday kids name over the loudspeaker.  If the birthday kid wants to bring something in they suggested a book or game for the classroom or small little gifts for their classmates (stickers, etc).  I am so thrilled by this!  With 20 kids in a class that eliminates a sugary treat every 9-10 days of school. Plus it decreases the risk of Erik getting something with nuts in it.  Erik doesn't seem to mind and excitedly picked out some neat paint rollers from Lakeshore Learning for his class that we ordered so he'll have it for his birthday in a few weeks.

238)  On a similar note: The pre-k teacher used to give the kids a treat (some kind of candy) every Friday.  Annoying but I didn't say anything about it.  Well, I asked Lainey what treat she got today?  A sticker!  Haha!  Apparently handing out sugary, chemical laden crap to our kids has been limited beyond birthday treats.  Yay!

239)  Sweet little Lainey was taking a shower one morning this week while I was getting ready in the bathroom.  She loves to sing and makes up songs all day long.  The song that day consisted of the lyrics, "My mommy loves me oh so much! I love her too!"     I couldn't ask for a sweeter little girl.  (She spent the first 20 months of her life quite grumpy but man she's been sweet ever since!)

No comments: