Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to School 2013

Lainey and Erik started school this week.  Erik is in kindergarten and Lainey is in pre-k (at the elementary school).

As mentioned in the previous post, I was so thankful that Erik has a teacher that is known to be a good teacher and well liked.  His first few days have gone well.   He's done some fun projects (hand print painting) and went on an adventure around the school chasing after Pete the Cat who had left notes for the class.  The full days are really long on both him and me.  I'd love it if he could be home by 2 pm but nope the bus doesn't pull up until just after 4 pm (they get on at 845).   He's tired for sure!  He seems happy with his teacher and class but has always been slow to talk about his day with us so I don't really know what he does all day. He would tell you that he'd rather stay home than go to school.  I'm not sure if he really means that or if it is just part of this "I want to do the opposite of whatever you ask of me" stage he is in.  He has a cold unfortunately which he caught from me. 

Lainey exuberantly started pre-k this week.  My sweet little girl is SO excited to be able to ride the bus and go to the same school as Erik.  She's had a wonderful week and can't wait to tell me about her day when she gets home.  I LOVE her excitement! Her highlights seem to be playing with her friend Alyssa,  acting out the "Going on a Bear Hunt" story, and riding the bus.  Lainey is in class with 4 kids we know already (not super well).  I like them all and it's comforting knowing she will have some familiar faces to spend the day with.

Erik's always enjoyed school but has somewhat of a quiet, melancoly personality (directly inherited from one of his parents).  Nothing really seems to bother him at school (drama free) but nothing really seems to excite him either. 

The joy that Lainey expresses regarding school is wonderful and infectious.  I am hoping and praying that the year continues to go well for both of them!










No comments: