Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baltimore Children's Museum

121) Last week we were able to spend a day up in Baltimore.  The kids had colds but aside from Erik getting car sick no one had a tummy bug that day!

I love the Baltimore Children's museum.  The kids can easily spend 4 hours there.  It is a 2 hour drive each way though so we only go once every few months.

 First time Erik's been able to do this successfully on his own.

 The kids loved this pulley apparatus.


On a side note:

Erik has been throwing up after 60 minute car rides even with a pretty big dose of dramamine on board.  We take other precautions too of course -- no jacket, heat off, full tummy before getting in the car, no screens or books, he sits in the middle row of the van, etc.  Doesn't seem to be working.  We have tried sea bands in the past.  He hates them.

Anyone have other motion sickness tricks?  We are planning a 3+ hour car trip a few weeks from now and I hate to think that he will spend it feeling miserable, not to mention I hate being on puke patrol. :)

I have a supply of Zofran and am considering giving him 4 mg of that prior to our next trip.  Thoughts? (Feifei and Kristal/Dave??)


1 comment:

Kristal said...

I love zofran. I wouldn't hesitate to give it to one of my kids in that situation.