Monday, February 25, 2013

Joy Project - Little Less Grumpy

119)  My sweet (although apparently hard of hearing as she has a lot of trouble listening recently) little girl and her love of babies.

We went to Lainey's friend Sophie's 3rd birthday party on Saturday.
(A hello kitty party which Lainey was quite excited about!)
Sophies brother Seth is about 6 weeks old (she also has a 19 month old sister).
Lainey LOVES Seth.  
All on her own she found someone (Sophie's grandma) and sweet talked her 
into letting her hold him.  Haha!  I didn't see what she was doing until I found her happy as a clam
holding him by herself in the recliner.  (Grandma was overseeing her still.) None of the other kids at the party seemed to even notice the baby.  Lainey truly is my daughter! I love babies immensely too and always have.

120)  Erik sat down today to do his homework and without any prompting read the directions out loud. I was pretty impressed.  Later, he read a book to me.  Watching him learn to read truly brings me joy.  I love seeing him be successful at such an important life skill. 


Now - if you are reading this tonight please pray that I'll be able to sleep.  My dear kids have given me their bronchitis type cough and I can not lay down without hacking up my lungs.  Ugh!

No comments: