Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Young Love- Erik!

Erik has a befriended a sweet little girl in his class (M).  She lives a few blocks from us, goes to our church, and is in his class.  She is a wonderful little kid - so smiley and friendly.  They share a seat on the bus and she hops up and waves and shouts Hi loudly to me every day when Mr. H drops Erik off.  So cute!

Last week when I was spending time in his classroom I noticed some artwork on the bulletin board in the hallway.  They had made Valentine's projects out of paper plates with pink hearts glued around the edges and a picture in the middle.   M had drawn a picture of Erik and wrote, "I love Erik."  I thought that was cute and then noticed that Erik had drawn a picture of M and wrote, " I love M."   Haha!  So stinking cute!

Well, yesterday when Erik got off of the bus he showed us a picture that M had drawn for him that day.

I called M's mom this morning on my way to work to tell her about the bulletin board and pictures just because I thought it was cute.  Well, she quickly topped my story.

Apparently, M told her mom last night that they needed to go shopping for her wedding dress.  Shocked Julie asked M why she needed a wedding dress.  Very matter of factly M responded that Erik had asked her to marry him when they were using the computers and she had said yes.

When I got home tonight I told Erik that M's mom had told me M wanted to go wedding dress shopping.  Playing innocent I asked him, "Why do you thinking she's shopping for a wedding dress?"  He just shrugged and said, " I don't know?  Why do you think?"   I could tell he wasn't sure what a wedding dress was so I then said, " Well, you usually wear a wedding dress when you get married.  Do you know who Maddie is marrying?"   My shy boy, got a huge smile on his face, turned a little red, and sheepishly said, "I'm not sure."

Well, if he is going to marry young I'm at least glad I like his fiance'.  

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: