Monday, February 25, 2013

Grumpy Joy Project


I'm pretty grumpy and have been for a good 10 days.  Why?  Well, everyone in our house has been afflicted with at least one virus.

Carson - cough, cold, ear infection
Erik - stomach flu, cough and cold with lots and lots of wheezing, 2 pink ears
Lainey - cough and cold
Victor - stomach flu
Ann - stomach flu plus cough and cold that has disrupted my sleep significantly

So, I've been grumpy and this weekend Victor was the king of grump.  Not his fault entirely as he tends to take on more of the load when I'm sick.  He didn't feel well for a day but thankfully has been healthy otherwise.  He was so grumpy this weekend I sent him out for 3 hours of alone time yesterday afternoon.  He came home in a much better mood thankfully.  Now I just need to work on my grumpiness.

That being said, I know being grumpy about such minor stuff is so dumb.  I know that in my head, but fixing my attitude seems to prove a little be harder. I'm working on it!

Still there has been a few bright spots the during the past couple of weeks....

115)  Painting Lainey and Carson's nails blue.  Lainey likes nail polish.  I'm not very good at it but at this point she doesn't care.  While I was painting her nails Carson snuggled up next to me and insisted that I paint his nails too.  All of them.  He shows everyone his "paint".  Cute little guy!


116)  Carson sleeping in the van with his blanket over his head.  Haha!


117)  My busy little guy.  Carson likes to get in the pantry and stack the cans, pulls things off of the shelves, and help himself to snacks.  He can actually entertain himself in there for close to an hour.  I truthfully, usually just let him play.  The worst snack he can get into himself is raisins and I don't care if he eats a bunch of those.  He is a busy and mischievous little guy.
118) Carson Counting

Carson likes to sing and count.  He hums songs to himself a lot of the day.  In the past week or so he has also started counting.  He can get to six correctly (speaking it not actually counting objects).  He verbally has been talking quite a bit more recently but is still fairly quiet so I find it somewhat amusing that he can count higher than the other two at this age. (Of course on camera cooperation is limited!)


No comments: