Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Current Kid Stats

I took the kids to a new pediatrician today.  She is a double board certified internist/pediatrician so our whole family can see her.  I have had some issues with our current pediatrician.  He is very kind and experienced but he tends to overmedicate, orders a surplus of lab tests ($$$), and he never washes his hands.

Anyway, with the exception of colds the kids are all currently healthy but here are there stats....

ERIK:
43 inches (85%)
40 pounds (70%)

I KNEW Erik had grown a ton since this summer.  I am shocked at how high he is on the growth charts though - he usually hangs out around the 50th percentile.

LAINEY:
37.5 inches (87%)
29 pounds (50%)

CARSON:
29 inches (56%)
21 pounds (40%)

Carson still isn't babbling and I am concerned.  I mentioned it to her and she said if there in no significant improvement in the next month then she will send him for a hearing screen and birth to 3 referral.  Hopefully that kiddo starts jabbering soon!

I really like the new pediatrician.  She is very new but seems friendly, smart, timely, and well put together.  Hopefully, this will be the start of a long patient-doctor relationship.

3 comments:

Kristal said...

He didn't wash his hands??

Our family said...

Never. Gross. I always imagined him transferring germs from one kid to the next.

Austin & Terri said...

Wow Lainey and Erik are both tall!