Monday, November 8, 2010

Mexican Lasagna

I made this dinner -- it was easy and good plus different from what I make on a regular basis

Ingredients:

12-16 ounces of ground meat (I used "free-range" chicken)
16 ounces of cottage cheese
1/2-1 cup of sour cream
1 can of refried beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
Salsa ( I used medium black bean/corn salsa)
Cheese -- I used a mixture of shredded monetary jack and cheddar)
Cumin (2 tsp)
Oregano (2 tsp)
Garlic (1tsp)
Water (about a can of water)
Lasagna noodles (I am guessing you could use corn tortillas if needing to be gluten free)

Brown ground meat.  Add spices and refried beans plus water until smooth consistency.
Mix salsa and cottage cheese together (separate from meat).

Layer in 9x13 pan...
lasagna noodles
Spread 1/2 of meat mixture on top
Spread 1/3 of salsa and cottage cheese mixture
Can of black beans
Shredded cheese

Lasagna noodles
1/2 meat mixture
1/3 of salsa mixture
1/2 can of corn
Shredded cheese

Lasagna noodles
Corn
Rest of salsa mixture (I added about 1 cup of sour cream to it at this point)
Shredded Cheese

Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.

Lainey chowed down - Erik wouldn't touch it.

1 comment:

Hanna said...

Mmmm. Sounds good! Hopefully it sticks to Lainey's bones! :)