Saturday, November 27, 2010

Baby #3 - 23 weeks

23 weeks 11/27/10

Add caption

23 weeks 11/27/10
23 weeks down... ? to go!

The last 2 weeks have been quite chaotic due to Erik and Lainey being sick but the pregnancy front has been uneventful.  This pregnancy has been quite enjoyable (especially after the 16 week point).  I am getting excited to meet this sweet little boy.  I wonder if he will have a thick head of hair like Erik or will he be bald like Lainey?  Brown eyes again?  It is fun to think about.  I am still hoping, like I did with Erik, that he doesn't have coarse stick-up hair.  (You should see Victor's baby pictures!).

Erik is so excited about the new baby.  He knows it is a boy and has picked out a name.  We actually like the name so we won't share what it is in case we use it.  He tells me I can leave Lainey and baby boy with him and he will take care of them.

I asked how he would get the baby in the crib for naps.  He said he would just climb up the crib, put the baby down, and climb back out.  He even said he wants to change his diapers!

Lainey of course has no idea what is coming but she LOVES babies!  She points at and shouts, "Baby!" every time she sees an infant car seat on a stroller.  So cute!  She begs and begs to go say hi to all of them too.  I know she will love being a big sister -- probably too much.

I am growing although no stranger has asked me (or assumed out loud) if I am pregnant yet.  Soon I am sure it will be obvious to all.  I always grow A LOT between weeks 20-27 and then it kind of slows down (or the changes become less obvious) so I am going to try to take pictures every 2 weeks for a while.

Physically I feel fine.  I do have a little pelvic pressure/discomfort - a really heavy/uncomfortable feeling.  I have had occasional heartburn but nothing major.

I have had mild lower back pain as well - had it with Lainey too.  It went away when she was about 6 months old and is back again.  It doesn't limit my activity but I do notice it from time to time.  I have been trying to do extra stretches and exercises to help it.

I am still going to the gym 6 days a week.  I LOVE my weight lifting class (Body Pump) and do that 3 times a week; the other days I just do cardio.  I am up 7-8 pounds so far.

Baby boy is quite busy; similar to Erik.  I can see him flop from side to side now which is fun!

I can't wait to snuggle and kiss this newest baby!

No comments: