Friday, March 5, 2010

Unfit Friday



There has NOT been a lot of health in this house this week. Erik is still really sick -- his temperature is about 102 despite Ibuprofen, Tylenol, and Amoxicillin. He hasn't eaten anything since Wednesday morning (he is even turning down popsicles). He cough is worse and he is frequently vomiting/gagging with the coughing episodes. I am going to take him back in tomorrow if he doesn't seem better in the morning.

Lainey is coughing quite a bit too. She has a low grade fever this afternoon -- 99.7. That is how Erik's started so if she is going to get worse we will probably know soon. She is still energetic and playful at the moment.



Why won't he play with me?Lainey loves Erik so much.
I have been trying to keep the kids separated but she is determined to be by his side.
I set her up in a different room with a bunch of toys -- 30 seconds later she was standing by his side. We repeated this about 10 times. She thought it was a fun game.
Sweet baby!

Victor and I are still healthy -- at least virus/bacteria wise. My workout routine has been halted completely as I have spent all my time caring for Erik. When he is sleeping I have been trying to sleep as well. Oh well. I will resume my workouts soon enough.

We are still hoping to fly out on Sunday morning at 8 am although it is not looking likely at the moment. If we don't go we will lose out on a fun trip in addition to $800 of non-refundable fees. I am feeling frustrated/anxious/disappointed but trying to keep things in perspective. This helps remind me that there are more important things in life.

Kenya Compassion Trip

I would still of course prefer to have kids healthy enough to take on vacation.

1 comment:

mom2three said...

He so cute, sick little boy. I hope everyone is well for your trip!!!