Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Can you hear what I hear??

My sweet little boy had his tube procedure done today.  All went well.  They do use general anesthesia for the procedure.  He tolerated it fine but was MAD for about an hour afterwards.  Just screaming and yelling inconsolably.  The nurses wouldn't let me give him anything to drink while we were there but I gave him a big glass of milk as soon as we got in the car and he calmed down after that.

His right ear had a little fluid in it, but according to the ENT doctor the left ear had TONS!  It's been draining all day long.  Poor thing.  I'm glad it's over with.  Hopefully this will help us get through the winter without repeated infections and it might help him in the speech department.

 Pre-op
All ready to go! 
So sweet!
After the procedure we hung out at my friend Karen's until he was feeling better.
Then we headed to Old Town for lunch, returning some clothes, and a trip to see the ducks. 
Things went well and I am thankful for that!

No comments: