Thursday, October 25, 2012

Back in The Working World

Well, yesterday I went back to work for the first time in 5 years.  I am working in a GI clinic about 40 minutes from our house, as a PA which is what I had done pre-kids.  I'm just working one day a week, which I think will be a nice situation.  Hopefully, I will prove myself helpful at work since my time there will be quite limited.

The first day went well.   I'm still waiting for some paperwork to be processed so I was really mainly shadowing the physician I'll be working with.  He seems to be very kind, efficient, and smart.  I learned quite a bit from him in just one day.

I really did enjoy being back in the clinical world.  I have a LOT to review and learn but it did seem a little bit like riding a bike which was encouraging.

The kids had a good first day with the sitter.  We have two girls from our church that will be providing daycare.  The main sitter is 20, a college student.  Our back-up sitter is 16 and a home-schooled sophomore.  The kids love both of them.

Last night, I spent the whole night dreaming that Carson had fallen into a pool and drown while I was at work.  So while I don't feel too stressed about this change in our family life, there is certainly a little stress handing over my precious babies to someone else when I've devoted almost every moment to them during the past 5 years.  :)

I am very thankful for this unique very part time position that will allow me to keep my feet in the professional world well still devoting most of myself to my family and kids.  We have been blessed!

No comments: