Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lainey's First Day/Smart Little Girl


Baby dolls and guns! This girl cracks me up!

Lainey started preschool today!  She had a great time!  She walked into her class confident and acted happy to be there, despite the large swarm of howling 3 year old kids! Haha!

There were lots of tears from other kids.  Carson seemed overwhelmed by that and joined them in the howling!  Poor guy.  It was very funny!



I have to take a moment to "brag" about little Lainey.  She has learned SO much during the past six months, it is amazing to me!

Things she can do at 38 months of age....

-Recognizes all upper and lower case letters
-Knows almost all her letter sounds
-Can often tell me what letter a word starts with if I ask her
-Can count to 14 correctly, and 20 with minimal help (gets tangled up at 14-15)
-Write her name
-Loves to color
-Recognizes numbers 1-10 (probably more but haven't checked)

The most amazing this to me is that I have spent little to no time teaching her these things.  She just picks it up on her own it seems.  Amazing!  I am fairly confident she will be reading by her 4th birthday.  We'll see!  

Lainey is so excited for school!  I am excited for her and hope she has a fabulous year!




No comments: