Saturday, August 4, 2012

Getting Ready For School!

Yesterday I took the trio to get haircuts.  Lainey LOVES getting her haircut, Erik tolerates it, and Carson despises it!  Haha!

I had Lainey and Erik take some photos of Carson during the haircutting process...







We found out today that Erik made the public school pre-k class.  It's kind of lottery to get in as they take all of the kids with developmental and financial needs first.  Erik scored 100% on the placement exam so he didn't get in based on needs although the fact that he needed OT when he was two may have counted for something.  I have mixed feelings about the public school pre-K because I feel like academically it's going to lag significantly behind the private pre-K.  Erik does not have mixed feelings about it though.  He is EXCITED!! So we are going to go the public route (would have at kindergarten anyway).  It will be fun to see how he does!  

I think since Erik is going to our neighborhood school I will likely switch Lainey's preschool too, back to the one Erik was at the past 18 months.  I already texted one of the teachers (we have become friends) and know there is a spot available I just need to make phone calls next week.  

Post Haircuts!

Public school starts about 2 weeks before the private preschool
so I will now be in a hurry to get all the last minute fun summer stuff checked off our "list."


I just love these sweet kids! 



No comments: