Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Notable Quotes: Lainey

 1)  This morning Lainey and Carson were playing with blocks.  This quickly turned to fighting because Carson kept grabbing more blocks then Lainey thought appropriate.  Carson, never one to back down from a good fight persisted and then came running as fast as he could into the kitchen where I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes.  When he got there I noticed he had two big scratches on his upper back (he was naked).   Lainey came charging after him yelling about the blocks.  I asked her if she knew what happened to Carson's back and suggested that if she had grabbed him she should tell him sorry.  Her response, " I didn't do anything!"  She might not have, in fact I would guess some toy scratched him.  Wondering aloud to myself I said, " I wonder how Carson got those marks??"  Lainey's immediate response, " He drew them himself!"  "How did he do that?" I asked.  " With a crayon!"  Haha!  Sure, honey!  I am still not sure how he got the big scratches but found her creativity quite amusing.

2) Last week at gymnastics a little boy (around 4) vomited all over the tiny, overcrowded waiting room.  Lainey has been talking about this for a week!  She has been quite concerned about get a sick tummy and catching his germs. Thankfully, no one caught his bug.  Poor Erik has been under the weather since Saturday with a fever and cough.  He seems a little better today but this morning Lainey was asking about germs again.  I explained to her that Erik does not have a sick tummy and he is not going to throw up but he does have a cough and he can spread those germs by coughing on someone or coughing on something that you later pick up and put in your mouth or put your hands in your mouth.  She seemed okay with that explanation and went about her morning.  Later when I was in the shower she came running in completely panicked, " Mommy!!  Erik coughed and then touched my knee and gave me his germs!"  Poor, poor girl.  I have been somewhat of a germophobe since I was about 5 I think.  Apparently she is headed down the same path.

No comments: