Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Weekend Away

Last weekend Victor watched the kids (for 4 days) while I spent time in San Francisco with mom and Daron.  It was a nice weekend.  Daron was discharged so we were able to spend some time doing normal things with him which was nice.  We ate at a few nice restaurants, the Richmond was my favorite I think, and took a beautiful walk along the coast at Lands End Park.  It was gorgeous!  No wonder so many people enjoy living there.  Someday I hope to have a retirement "schedule" mimicking my Grandma and Grandpa Baker.  Spending one to two months a year in California sounds wonderful.  I also went to the clinic with Daron so I was able to see a bit of the hospital campus where his residency is located.

Daron is such a trooper.  He doesn't feel well but never complains.  The strength people display while facing adversity never ceases to amaze me!

We are looking forward to a fun weekend in March for the wedding!

Please focus less on the fact that my sweater/shawl may be on upside down  and more on the fact that it was warm enough to wear a Tshirt!  

1 comment:

Austin & Terri said...

What a great picture of you three! Can't wait for the wedding :) Hopefully Sadie will cooperate and come a bit early.