Saturday, February 25, 2012

School Boy

I really enjoy Erik at 4.  I think it is a much more enjoyable age than 3.  He is pretty well poised and enjoyable to be around (most days - not always).  I really love watching him learn.  He is like a sponge.  It is really amazing.

His vocabulary is expanding, he is starting to read and write, his fine motor skills have improved, etc.  It is fun.  I try to spend some time with him each day while the other two are sleeping working on "school" or reading or playing soccer.  Something that he is able to do but the other two can't yet.

Erik also has an amazing attention span.  He is made for traditional school as he can sit and focus really, really well for his age.  He has always been pretty good at this - especially for a boy.  That makes working on school stuff with him fun.

Here are a couple of drawings he made the other day.  One makes me a little sad.  The other I find quite comical.

Let me know in the comments what you think they say and mean!  Good luck!



What is the digger doing??



Which one is Erik?? 
:) 


2 comments:

Austin & Terri said...

Those are so cute! I have no idea what they say or are about though :)

sandy said...

My guess is 1) Digger hit a object (tree?)2)Erik is on the right playing the gun(?) with his friend.