Saturday, September 24, 2011

Notable Qutes - Hurry Up

Victor and I function at different speeds. 

I tend to be always thinking of 10 things that need done, how I am going to get them done efficiently and well, if kids are involved I spend time in advance planning out how to make the day go well, etc.  On the the outside I generally appear calm but the internal clock is quite frantic. 

Victor on the other hand moves at one pace and that is sloooooww! Both internally and externally the clock is slow and steady. 

There are advantages to both of course but I admit I sometimes have a hard time appreciating the tortoise and have at times asked Victor to please try to do whatever the task at hand is quickly.

Well, this morning I was telling Erik that Victor has to "go to the hotel" again next week (he will be out of town for work).  Erik first response was, "No!  Why??"  Before I could answer, Erik figured it out on his own. 

His idea....

"Daddy is going to the hotel to learn how to speed up?"  

Ha ha!!  This idea proposed by Erik makes me look bad (kids are the best teachers!) but it makes both Victor and I laugh out loud so I thought I would share it with you. 

1 comment:

Kristal said...

I also laughed out loud at this!!!