Sunday, September 25, 2011

First Solids and Tooth and More!

 I introduced solids to Carson this week.  We had tried a few weeks ago but he didn't know how to swallow so I put them away until a few days ago.  Now he seems to get it.  He has had organic bananas and applesauce and seems to enjoy them.  His brother and sister are very eager to help feed him!
 YUM! 


 Yesterday I discovered he cut his first tooth! 
I was shocked as Lainey didn't get a tooth until she was 11 months old and Erik was 9 months old!
Hopefully, he won't bite me while nursing!
Did you really need to let Lainey and Erik feed me?
Despite teething Carson started sleeping through the night this week.
I have been nursing him at 10:30 before going to bed and then he has been sleeping until 6:30 or so.
He has cried for 20-30 minutes in the middle of the night 1 or 2 days but for the most part has been sleeping through. We don't go in with him in the middle of the night assuming he calms himself down within a reasonable amount of time (he has been).



Carson is on the move!
He gets up on all fours and rock back and forth and then launches himself forward.
I would guess he will be crawling within a week or two. 
Anyone else have a guess?? (Liz?!)

 Carson is so big!  He is 28 inches and has moved into 12 month clothes.
He is wearing 9 month pants but "onsie" type outfits need to be 12-18 months.
I almost cried when I pulled outfits out of the basement that Erik wore when he was 15 months old.
They already fit Carson. 
I guess he got the Baker/Williams height genes!

Teething, eating, sleeping, and growing all in one week.
Clearly my sweet baby hasn't heard my pleas to slow down.


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

haha, hard to say, he might end up going backwards before he figures out how to go forwards, or he might just get that whole reciprocal movement thing right away and take off. little baby, it's too early to crawl! no one wants you getting into to stuff yet! ;) he is too cute. :)

Austin & Terri said...

He's such a cutie :)