Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day of School 2011-2012

Erik started preschool on September1st.  He is going to Creative Beginnings on Tuesday/Thursday mornings again.  He has the same teachers as last year.  All the kids are new to him as I put him back in the three year old program since those kids will be his kindergarten classmates in two years.  He loves school!  I wish he could go an extra day but oh well!

Erik is the oldest kid in his class this year.  His teachers say he was done well with this and has been showing the new kids how things work in the classroom and teaching them things (how to put pencils behind their ears).  So cute!  I was worried he might be too much older than some of the kids.  His teachers said some are far behind him but others are at the same place as him.  They think he is in the right class this year.  


I wasn't going to put Lainey in school this year because Erik's preschool doesn't have a program for 2 year old kids.  Well, Lainey was very upset.  She told me adamantly, " I am BIG mom!  I am old enough for Erik's school!!"  She said this quite a few days in a row.  So, I am thankful I was able to find a mom's day out program for her.  It meets on Wednesday mornings.  She has been SO excited about school - counting down the days.

Her first class was today.  She never acted nervous at all.  She ran into the classroom and didn't look back.  Victor and I went to say goodbye, she looked up quickly and said, "See you later!" Ha!

Lainey is such a fun 2 year old!  She has a wonderful sense of humor, is confident, and kind.  I just love her.  She had a great first day!  When I went to pick her up from class she stomped her feet because she didn't want to leave.

She was SO proud to be big enough for school.  



Funny note - One of the 2 year old boys was fast asleep in the teacher's arms when I went to pick up Lainey at noon.  :)

4 comments:

Austin & Terri said...

Ha! Lainey is hilarious! I wonder if she'll be this enthusiastic about school in high school :)

akbwilliams said...

They are so adorable! Lucky teachers.

Elizabeth said...

i love her pigtails! very cute. :)

Hanna said...

I love this! Also, she looks so grown up in these pictures!!