Monday, September 5, 2011

Girls Night

I am fortunate to have a husband who is very hands on with our kids, not afraid to be a parent.  I, of course spend more time with the kids since I am home all day long but when Victor is home he is fully engaged and usually tries to give me a break. 

This weekend I got the ultimate break!  I went to DC yesterday and went out with my friends Karen, Jenn, and Jeni.  Karen and I started the afternoon with pedicures and gabbing!  We met Jenn at the theater and watched the Help!  It was an excellent movie.  Racial inequality makes me sick and I find this book/movie especially alarming because it takes place in the 1950's/1960's.  If you haven't read the book you should!  It is one of my favorite books I've ever read (2x), and I have read a lot of books! Thanks Leslie for lending it to me last year!

After the movie Jenn, Karen, and I met Jeni for a Southern dinner.  This was especially fun because Jeni is from Alabama so she ordered fried pickles and fried green tomatoes!  I don't like tomatoes or pickles but I liked them both fried!! Ha!

Then to top it off I got to stay in a hotel by myself!  For the first time in a year I slept for 9 hours in a row- didn't even get up to pee!   Thanks Mom and Dad sending for to a hotel for a night and thanks to Victor for watching the kids! 

This morning I strolled around Old Town, ate breakfast at Cosi (yum!), and did a little shopping (bought my first pair of skinny jeans!). 

All 3 kids and Victor survived and had fun! Carson, who hates bottles, did better than expected.  He was very eager to nurse when I got home though.  After nursing for a long time he proceeded to spit up/vomit all over me!  Too full little buddy! 

I hope your labor day weekend was a wonderful as ours was!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I so wish I could eat at Cosi right now!