Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pink

is Erik's favorite color and has been for about a year.

Today, after his gymnastics class, which happens to be 5 girls (who all wear leotards) and him, Erik told me he wanted me to get him a leotard.  (He does have a male teacher.)

I explained to him that those are usually just for girls but we could look for a boy gymnastics outfit.  At home he brought it up again so I tried to find a substitute on the computer.  I couldn't find anything at all and told him he would just have he would just have to wear normal clothes.

His response, "But mom, there are plenty of pink ones at the gym store!"

Sorry kid -- I think it is adorable that pink is your favorite color but you are not going to be wearing a pink leotard anytime soon.  :)

2 comments:

Ben and Robyn said...

Miles' favorite color is pink, too!! He ALWAYS requests pink construction paper for projects. Currently, his toenails are painted pink. When he is picking something out and pink is not available, he will occasionally settle for purple!! I think I would also draw the line at a pink leotard, however!!

Kristal said...

That's awesome!

Hmmm, I did miss his birthday this year... what's the name of that gymnastic store??