Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby #3

Is officially facebook public now.  (Now you can tell all your friends Mom!)

I had an appointment this morning.  Our doctor did an ultrasound and everything looked normal.  The baby was not looking at us but it did kick and waves its hand at us.  Pretty amazing that they look like humans so quickly.   We did get one picture which I will scan in later.



Pregnancy Highlights:
 
How Far Along:12 weeks 3 days
 
Due date:  March 26th  (original due date was March 16th but both ultrasounds calculated due date on the 26th -- normal for me due to very irregular cycles)
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 3 lbs or so
 
Maternity Clothes: Nope -- can't tell at all

Sleep: I'm sleeping okay -- although 1-2x a week I seem to have pregnancy induced insomnia.  I take Benadryl when needed.

Cravings:Nothing super strong this time --carbs and eggs are my favorite. I can not eat any meat except deli meat and bacon. 
 
Symptons: My morning sickness was worse between weeks 6-10.  No vomiting.  Overall much easier then the last two pregnancies.  I'm not sure if it was really easier or if I am just better at tolerating not feeling well.  I of course am much more tired that normal but only needing to nap every other day now so it is improving.


Other:  The past 3 days I have not feel well at all.  I seem to have a stomach bug (hence the 3 pounds lost) --- horrible diarrhea.  Plus at my appointment today they told me I have a urinary tract infection.  I have not really had any symptoms (distracted by the stomach bug) but am now on antibiotics.  I am really, really hoping that I start feeling better soon and that no one else catches my stomach bug because Erik and I are flying to Nebraska Thursday. 


I am so thankful to be pregnant but also feel a little guilty that things have so far seemed to happen quickly (except for a slight delay with conceiving Erik) and as planned for us.  My heart is especially sad for those who are still yearning for healthy babies.  Go hug your kids and say a prayer for those who can't. 


We are very thankful for this sweet little baby and look forward to meeting it in March.

3 comments:

Ashley Schantell said...

Couldn't have picked a better day in march to be due... ;)

Kristal said...

Official congratulations!!!!!

I'm SO glad the ultrasound looked good!

It's so sweet that you realize how lucky you are to have had such an easy time conceiving. Most people don't realize that unless they've gone through it themselves...

Kristal said...

Oh, yeah, so just one, eh? What a pity! :)