Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lainey - reading and story telling

Lainey has started to read a little bit. The other day she sat down and matched up 7 or 8 words with a corresponding picture without any help or direction. I had no idea she could do that. With Erik's report card we received a list of the 100 sight words he is supposed to know at the end of the year. He knows them all already. Out of curiousity I thought I'd check and see how many Lainey knew. She knows 31 of them, 9 months before she starts kindergarten. Watching kids learn to read is so fun! I suspect that Lainey will be a kid with her nose constantly in a book once the reading "clicks" in her brain. We'll see. I'm so thankful for my healthy babies. Here is a video of her telling us "Goldilocks and the 3 Bears" using puppets she made in school.

No comments: