Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween/ Grandma Sandy

The last 4 days we've been super busy!

Thursday:  Halloween

This year we had two ninjas, a Cinderella, and Superman.  I am not a big fan of bringing tons and tons of candy into the house but don't want to be a total grinch either.  This year we let the kids eat 4 pieces of candy on Halloween night (I may or may not have participated in that myself).  They then were able to pick 10 pieces of candy each that we put in a very, very, very high place (so they can't raid it when I turn my back).  I've been letting them have about a piece a day. 

Knowing I'd be tempted to raid their bags myself, Victor and I also selected 10 pieces.  The rest of the candy (think a HUGE bowl full) went back out to the doorstep for trick-or-treaters.  Surprise, surprise someone (likely a teenager) decided to take the entire stash.  If they hadn't I would have either tossed the extra or sent it to work with Victor. 

That system has worked well for us.  I'm curious how long I can limit the candy without complaints.






Friday:  Grandma Sandy and Uncle Captain came into town

They stayed for the weekend.  It was a quick trip but nice to see them.  Captain lives in Taiwan so visits from him are quite limited.

Saturday:

Soccer game for Erik
7 mile run for me
Lunch at a local taco truck (yum - if you come visit we'll take you there)
Dinner with Grandma Sandy and Uncle Captain at Olive Garden
Drinks with some neighborhood friends after the kids went to bed

Sunday:

I've been singing at church recently.   This is fun but requires me to be at church from 700 AM until 12:15 PM on Sundays, plus Wednesday night rehearsal.  I don't mind that although the 700 AM arrival time is a bit painful when I get up at least twice a night at the moment.  :)

Sandy and Captain came to church with us and then headed to Williamsburg for some tourist activities. 

Sunday afternoon was spent doing homework with Erik, running errands, getting groceries, going to the gym, etc.  

Thankfully, I was able to stay home today and recover from our eventful weekend!

No comments: