Friday, April 5, 2013

Special Day with Lainey

I had an OB appointment this morning.  Victor stayed home which was nice and got Erik to school, helped clean the house, and watched Carson.  I'm still seeing my OB in Virginia (he is awesome) so each appointment is kind of an ordeal requiring a sitter or Victor to be home.  Thankfully, he's allowing me to stretch out the time between appointments for now so I have only been there twice (8 and 16 weeks) and won't go back again for another 6 weeks.

Anyway, more to come about the pregnancy sometime later this weekend.

I took Lainey with me, despite the 90 minute drive each way, and we had a wonderful day!  Dr. Kacedan did a quick 5 minute sneak peak ultrasound since Lainey was there (instead of the standard heartbeat check with a doppler).  She was so excited to see her newest sibling kicking and "swimming."  She's been so excited about the baby, so for her to actually get to see it in live action just added to that.  I really love my doctor and would recommend him to anyone in the DC area.

After that we stopped for lunch and then stocked up on groceries from Trader Joe's that aren't available where we live.

We then headed to my friend Karen's house.  Liam and Lainey played at the playground while Karen and I chatted.

Then we headed to Oxen Hill Farm.  This is a county park with a few animals - it's pretty small but it was a nice 45 minute outdoor activity.  We happened to be there at feeding time so Lainey got to feed the pigs.  That was fun because they fought over their food quite noisily.   (We were outside of the pen.)

We then headed back towards home, stopping for ice cream on the way.  Since it is finally nice outside we made a final stop to get pedicures.  Lainey gets a pedi/mani combo for $10 (used to be $7).  She's so cute and just loves it.

After that we called Victor and the boys met us for a quick dinner.

I then switched kids (feeling guilty because Lainey's had a lot of one on one time with me this month) and took Erik to Lowe's.  He helped me pick out some outdoor flowers, raspberry bushes, and strawberry plants, plus we stocked up on seeds for the garden.  We rushed home and Victor and the boys got all the plants in the ground before it got dark.  Whew!

A fun but busy day!  I meant to take a photo of Lainey and I together all day but kept forgetting.  This is the only photo I managed to take of our special day out.


Ha!
The pigs before the food arrived.

At least the day is documented here! 
I love having one on one time with my kids and make a pretty big effort to do so on a 
regular basis (even if it's just getting groceries with only one of them).

No comments: