Sunday, April 14, 2013

Crummy Week

It's been a crummy week in our house.  Lainey told me Sunday evening that her stomach hurt.  This led to quite a bit of vomiting and a fever.  She didn't start acting normal until Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday afternoon, Erik was a pill which is frustrating on it's own, but I was lacking sleep and trying to get the whole house cleaned (minus the bathrooms which I left for V) before his Mom got there that evening.  I managed but it was a long day.

Wednesday started early at the gym (6 AM).  I worked all day, which was nice - my colleagues bought me tulips and cupcakes, while Grandma Sandy watched the kids.  I was able to meet Victor for dinner that evening as it was my birthday.  We got home by 7:30.  The family including Grandma Sandy and her friend Roger sang to me (no cake which was my request but in retrospect it would have been nice to have something a little more exciting for the kids that day as they love birthdays and hardly knew it was my birthday).    We then got the kids to bed which was much more chaotic than normal because it was Carson's first night in a big boy bed.  He had been jumping out of his crib every time we put him in it for 4 days prior so it was time.  He's now sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor.  That first night he fell asleep by the door and not until after 10 PM.  Lainey, his best bud kept "checking" on him - so helpful - and was still awake when I went to bed at 10:45.  Long day!

Thursday morning Carson starting puking, in the car.  He threw up all day long (had a 6 hour break thanks to Zofran).  I thought he was better the next day but he threw up 2x Friday night and had diarrhea that day, vomited once Saturday, once tonight plus loose stools again today.  Poor boy has refused to eat since Wednesday which, if you know him if extremely unusual.  He is still drinking liquids and keeping most of them down but the boy is miserable.

Please pray that no one else gets it and that he starts to feel better ASAP.  I'm thinking about taking him in but I'm sure it's viral, I don't think he is super dehydrated, and I already have Zofran available (although haven't given it to him since the Vomiting has slowed down). This has been a terrible GI bug though.

There were good things about this week which I will cover in my next post but I just needed to complain for a minute. Ha!



No comments: