Monday, April 15, 2013

Attack of the ear, again

Well, Carson has another ear infection.  He never had a fever but was acting completely miserable today.  Crying, fairly lethargic, not eating or sleeping clearly in pain somehow.  I called his peds office to make an appointment but they were too busy to see him today or tomorrow.  (Don't get me started.)  So instead of rushing to the urgent care I decided to look him over myself.  His right ear was fine.  His left ear was completely full of wax.  So I had to flush a big chunk of wax of out my miserable baby's ear.  FUn times.  When that was done his left ear was clearly red but he was quite upset so I waited until he had fallen asleep in my arms and checked it again to confirm that it was indeed infected.  It still looked awful so into the urgent care we went.  We are starting Ceftin once again (third ear infection since his tubes feel out 3 months ago).  Hopefully, he was be back up and running 24 hours from now. Poor little guy!  I'm afraid he's going to need another set of tubes which also would involve removing his adenoids this time.  Yuck!

No comments: