Monday, August 15, 2011

Our new Van!

As I have mentioned during our budgeting posts we have a number of financial goals one of which was to be able to buy a minivan without taking on a car payment.  We weren't planning on doing this until next spring (or later depending on where it fell on the goal list) but our Hyundai kept costing us a few hundred dollars every couple months. The "maintenance needed" light turned on again on the Hyundai on Thursday.  We had just been able to set aside (almost) enough in our project fund to pay for a new van so we decided to start looking instead of spending more money on a car we need to replace soon anyway.

I found a great deal on a 2011 VW Routan.  Victor took Friday afternoon off to look at cars.  We left Lainey and Erik with Miin and Irene and went shopping.  The kids we quite excited to see the new car!  It is a minivan which makes me feel quite old but the features are amazing which makes me feel cool!  My favorite features are sliding doors, satellite radio, blue tooth phone, lots of storage space, and the rear entertainment system.  There are two TVs which come with wireless headphones.  For long car trips each kid can pick a video and wear the headphones while I listen to my preferred music on the radio.  Pretty amazing!

I'll get better photos of the new van eventually but this will have to suffice for now...


We are very thankful for our new van!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

That's awesome!! Congrats on the new van!

Austin & Terri said...

Nice choice! I have no problems with mini vans and will likely have one my self one day :)