Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July Budget

We had quite a bit of fun this month and our savings, or lack there of, reflect that!

Total Saved:
Over by $216! (Oops!)

Why were we over??

Trip to Kansas
Massage
Clothes Shopping
Car Repair
Car Registration
Painted 2 rooms
Date night - we left all 3 kids and went swing dancing
Girls Night

We spent $800 registering and repairing the RAV (needed new brakes) which was quite crummy!  The rest of the things on that list were fun!

Food total:  $602
Entertainment total: $214 (this is the first time we have been over in that category)
Fixed Costs:  Under by$130
Household/Extra costs: Over by a lot!

Medical Costs: $100
Total gas: $162 - lower than normal


What to expect in August??? 

We have no huge costs to anticipate although Victor needs new business attire as he no longer fits in any of his old work clothes after losing weight.  We are going to try and do some shopping for him this month.

Victor and I both owe the state of MD/VA fees for driving a bit too fast.  I talked my way out of most of my fee so my ticket is only 50% of Victors - that is a piss poor way to spend money.  Victor was going to originally take pay his (hefty) fee using his birthday money.  "Lucky" for him his wife also got a ticket so the amount coming out of his birthday fund has decreased as I already used my birthday money.  Not fair for me to get new clothes and him to pay for a speeding ticket when I have a lead foot too!  Errr!!

Hopefully, we will be closer to the $500 goal this month!  We will see!

No comments: