Friday, August 19, 2011

Jennifer Aniston

That's who my hairstylist said I would look like after today's appointment.  Or maybe he was just referring to my hair. Hmm!  Good luck either way! 

Still me but I do like my new hair cut/highlights.
Maybe if I was wearing makeup, slimmed out a little more, and was 
able to sleep through the night (it's been 4 years!) I would have a chance!
I would NOT trade places with her, that's for sure!

I've had all these random thoughts this week, many of which I thought were blog worthy, but by the time I sit down to "blog" I can't remember what I intended to tell you.  


A few things I do recall thinking are.... 

1- Life with multiple little kids is fun but exhausting.  One day this week we were out on a walk/bike ride.  Erik had been dawdling a little more than normal (he has inherited the dawdle gene from Victor).  I turned around to "encourage" him to hurry because Carson only lasts in the stroller for 25-30 minutes.  Before I could say anything though he looked up from what he had been doing and said,       "Mom, wait! I stopped to pick these pretty daisies for you."  They were dandelions but were appreciated just the same.  Someday, when my kids are older and I am able to go on walks alone (because no one will want to come with me) I know I will miss these days when my dawdling 3 year old is on a mission to find daisies for his mom. 

2- I'm old. Somehow that happened and fast.  Buying a minivan, as wonderful as it is to have, certainly makes me feel old.  This morning I was at the dentist and I am fairly certain I was older than the dentist.  Really?  How did that happen!  

3-  Kids teach you things.  Lainey is funny.  She doesn't like to eat breakfast until she has been awake for at least an hour.  She will take a couple bites at breakfast time and then comes back for more an hour or so later.  She also will not eat the crust on bread. I always thought kids that refused crust only did that because their parents cut it off for them.  I was wrong.  I never cut the crust off of her bread but she always leaves it behind.  

4- Carson almost always flips to his stomach when he is asleep.  He HATES sleeping on his stomach though so within 30-45 minutes of falling asleep he is up screaming because he can't seem to figure out how to turn back over when groggy (and swaddled).  This happens from 1-3 times a night, in addition to the 2 feedings each night.  Thankfully, I have a helpful husband.  I am assuming he will enjoy sleeping on his stomach someday but for now it means extra trips to his room when he gets stuck. 


4 comments:

Meg said...

I didn't know how to reply privately to you so feel free to delete as needed...I just read your comment on my blog and I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for having such nice things to say and actually trying to relate to my situation. I honestly think it is so much easier for others to simply lash out at me for my words rather than have an ounce of compassion. SO...thank you for being you.
Your children are beyond adorable..I have a dandelion picker too, and yes, I too, cherish the weeds for I know this stage will pass too quickly.
Thanks again for reaching out.
~Meg@Autismville

Ben and Robyn said...

Love the hair, Ann! Yep, I'm older than some new docs now, and definitely older than the residents that cover in Urgent Care for us...that makes me feel SUPER old! But no need to let the minivan bring you down...I figure the minivan makes me YOUNG (a young mom, you know!) I think I'll get a cool car when I'm older and my kids have their own beater car to drive...so, the awesome expensive car I get someday will be what REALLY makes me feel old!

Kristal said...

You're way cuter than J.A.!!

Austin & Terri said...

Cute hair!!! Looks great on you :) P.S. We'll be in D.C. next week! Hopefully we will get a chance to see you guys.