Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome to the Infirmary

Well, I wrote a long post yesterday about the sickly state of our house and then blogger decided to shut down temporarily and ate my entire post.  Annoying. 

So here is the brief version...

The kids and I have all been sick for over a week.  Erik and Lainey are doing pretty well just have residual coughs/runny noses.  Lainey had gunk out of her left ear again.  Neither of them are acting ill though.  Victor brought them in to the doctor yesterday and he made a couple of changes (increase the frequency of Erik's nebulizer and Lainey's ear drops) but nothing else.

Carson is still pretty sick.  He has a terrible cough.  Poor baby.  He hasn't had any fevers and doesn't complain about it (sweetest, most laid back baby ever) but his cough is big.  He has been to the doctor twice this week and is on Albuterol syrup 3x a day and an antihistamine.  His reflux has also been getting worse so the doctor switched him from Zantac to Prevacid. 

I am the sickest of everyone.  I have felt like crap for 8 days now, the last 4 days I have had a fever up to 102 degrees.  I haven't slept for a week because my cough keeps me up all night.  I have been into the doctor twice this week too.  Yesterday they started me on Azithromycin (Z-pack) for bronchitis/early pneumonia.  They also gave me Tessalon perls for the cough.  I have decided this prescription med is fairly worthless and wish they would have taken pity on me and given me the real stuff (cough syrup with codeine!).  I don't feel much better yet but am hopeful to turn the corner in the next 24-48 hours.  I can't remember being this sick since I was a kid. 

All the meds the 4 of us have been taking to survive this week
Victor of course has managed to stay healthy.  I am jealous of his superhuman immune system.  He took 1.5 days off of work this week to help since I was useless so he has been a little extra stressed since he has been in charge of all 3 kids and feels work pressure hanging over him. 

I am surely hoping that next week is better and praying that I turn the corner soon as Victor is about to go out of town.  I can't imagine handling all 3 on my own with a 102 degree fever!

1 comment:

Austin & Terri said...

Ann that sounds horrible!!! I cannot imagine being sick and in charge of 3 kids. I hope you are feeling better!!